Mainchin Chemicals, Trusted Global Partner & One Stop Solution for Acetic Acid
Top Global Acetic Acid Supplier
Acetic Acid, systematically named ethanoic acid, is colourless liquid organic compound, when undiluted, it is sometimes called glacial acetic acid. Acetic acid has a distinctive sour taste and pungent smell. In addition to household vinegar, it is mainly produced as a precursor to polyvinyl acetate and cellulose acetate.
Acetic Acid classified as a weak acid since it only partially dissociates in solution, but concentrated acetic acid is corrosive and can damage skin. Acetic acid is the second simplest carboxylic acid (after formic acid). It consists of a methyl group attached to a carboxyl group. It is an important chemical reagent and industrial chemical, used primarily in the production of cellulose acetate for photographic film, polyvinyl acetate for wood glue, and synthetic fibres and fabrics. In households, diluted acetic acid is often used in descaling agents. In the food industry, acetic acid is controlled by the food additive code E260 as an acidity regulator and as a condiment. In biochemistry, the acetyl group, derived from acetic acid, is fundamental to all forms of life. When bound to coenzyme A, it is central to the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats.
The global demand for acetic acid is about 6.5 million metric tons per year (Mt/a), of which approximately 1.5 Mt/a is met by recycling; the remainder is manufactured from methanol. Vinegar is mostly dilute acetic acid, often produced by fermentation and subsequent oxidation of ethanol.
|Chemical (IUPAC) Name||: Acetic Acid, Ethanoic acid|
|Trade Name||: Glacial Acetic Acid|
|Chemical Formula||: C2H4O2 or CH3COOH or HC2H3O2|
|Synonyms||: Vinegar (when dilute), Hydrogen acetate, Methane carboxylic acid, Carboxylic Acid|
|Appearance||: Colorless Oily & Transparent Liquid|
|Odor||: Sour and Pungent|
|Molar mass||: 60.052 g/mol|
|CAS Registry Number||: 64-19-7|
|EINECS Number||: 200-580-7|
|HS Code||: 29152100|
|Purity||: 26% to 99.8%|
|Melting point||: 16 to 17 °C; 61 to 62 °F; 289 to 290 K|
|Boiling point||: 118 to 119 °C; 244 to 246 °F; 391 to 392 K|
|Density||: 1.049 g cm−3 (liquid); 1.27 g cm−3 (solid)|
|Grade Standard||: Agriculture, Industrial, Medicine, Pharma, Food|
|Item||Premium Quality||Best Quality||Qualified|
|Glacial acetic acid % min||99.8||99.5||99.0|
|Formic acid content % max||0.15||0.20||—–|
|Acetaldehyde content % max||0.03||0.05||0.10|
|Formaldehyde content % max||0.05||0.10||0.30|
|Residue on evaporation % max||0.01||0.02||0.03|
|Iron (Fe) % max||0.00004||0.0002||0.000|
|Grade Name||Specific Gravity at 20/20C unless otherwise specified||Density gram/ml at 20/20C unless otherwise specified||Boiling Point||Flash Point||Freezing Point|
|Acetic Acid Glacial||1.05||1.05||118 C||39 C||16.6 C|
|Acetic Acid USP/ Pharma Grade||1.05||1.05||118 C||39 C||16.6 C|
|Acetic Acid Food Grade, 99/100%||1.05||1.05||118 C||39 C||16.6 C|
|Acetic Acid FOOD GRADE 80%||1.05||1.05||118 C||39 C||16.6 C|
|Acetic Acid CHEM GRADE 99/100%||1.05||1.05||118 C||39 C||16.6 C|
|Acetic Acid 85%||1.05||1.05||118 C||39 C||16.6 C|
|Acetic Acid CHEM GRADE 80%||1.05||1.05||118 C||39 C||16.6 C|
|Acetic Acid 90%||1.05||1.05||118 C||39 C||16.6 C|
|Acetic Acid 92%||1.05||1.05||118 C||39 C||16.6 C|
|Acetic Acid 84%||1.05||1.05||118 C||39 C||16.6 C|
|Acetic Acid 80%||1.05||1.05||118 C||39 C||16.6 C|
Acetic Acid Applications & Usage
- Acetic acid is primarily used as a raw material for the manufacture of vinyl acetate (VAM). It is used as a reaction promoter in terephthalic acid production and is also a raw material for cellulose acetate, acetate esters, acetic anhydride, chloroacetic acid and a wide range of industrial synthesis.
- Acetic acid is used in many industrial processes for the production of substrates and it is often used as a chemical reagent for the production of a number of chemical compounds like acetic anhydride, ester, vinyl acetate monomer, vinegar, and many other polymeric materials.
- It is also used to purify organic compounds as it can be used as a solvent for recrystallization.
- Acetic acid is used for the manufacture of inks and dyes and it is also used in making perfumes. In pigments and textile printing industry, it mainly for the production of disperse dyes and vat dyes, and textile printing and dyeing.
- In the natural rubber industry used as coagulant.
- It is also widely used in water treatment, synthetic fiber, pesticide, plastics, leather, coating, metal processing, rubber and plastic industries
- In food – Acetic acid is used as a sour agent added in vinegar, pickled vegetables, and sauce, and as a raw material for spice
- In Cleaning – Acetic acid is the acid in clear white vinegar and is a natural all-purpose cleaning agent. It is best for general household cleaning on surfaces that can tolerate a strong, acidic product. After using alkaline cleaners, acetic acid can be used as a mild deliming rinsing agent.
Acetic Acid packing available in 25 kg, 30 kg, 225 kg, 1100 kg ISO TANK
Customised packaging can be possible.
- 25 kg per drum, 20 MT per 20’ FCL
- 30 kg per drum, 21.6 MT per 20’FCL
- 225 kg per drum, 18 MT per 20’FCL
- IBC 1050 kg per drum, 21 MT per 20’ FCL
Mainchin Chemicals, Top Global Supplier of Acetic Acid.